Wednesday, August 5, 2009

New Area

Well I spent this week getting to know my new area. The area is pretty cool, it is small but it has pretty much everything you need to survive I guess. It has a bank, like a thousand churches which makes for a great time for us, supermarket, and...yeah that's about it. It's cool though.

I took a bunch of pics with my new sweet camera that my Dad sent me. Enjoy! I realize that I look like a retard in the video I made but I hope it shows you my house and where I live at least a little bit. I swear I have not turned retarded here on the mission don't worry Mother!

We had two baptisms this week and we also have another one this week. I'll admit the last 2 last week I "stole" but the one this week I didn't. It is a son of a less active member who is coming back to the church right now but that unfortunately lives on the very other end of the city. The church is located right in the very entrance of the city which is good for the Church because everybody sees the church when the drive into the city but bad for the missionaries because it is an hour and 10 minute walk at the speed of my Mother's "strut" for those who are familiar with it to the other side of the city which is exactly where this little boy lives and where we have to go nearly everyday to teach him. However after the baptism it will get better...I hope.


Yes...the date has finally come. Next week my friends...I will complete a year on the mission (Aug 12th - date I left my house. Aug 13th - date I arrived in Brazil. You guys can call it a year for either one of these). It's been done my friends. Money and cyber praise will be gladly accepted.


Has it gone by fast? The first 6 months took forever but from 6 until now it flew by pretty fast. I dunno...as one of my friends here on the mission said in his final testimony before going home "People say that these 2 years fly by really fast, but to me 2 years was 2 years. It passed by as long as 2 years takes." It's true I guess. It's gone by fast but looking back to the day that I said goodbye to everyone it definitely seems like it has been a fully year. It's a good feeling to know that I won't have to repeat any of the days from here on out though haha. "Yep...that was the last August 14th on the mission..."


Anyway, loves and stuffs. If anyone has any questions or anything let me know. I love a good gossip too. Farewell!


-Elder Brent Parsons

No comments: