Thursday, May 27, 2010

10 weeks and counting... and some pics

Welp, the weeks I have left I can now count on my two hands. 10 weeks my peeps. 10 weeks. It's crazy.

I just went to the temple for the first time in about 7 months and it was awesome. It's funny how I live 5 minutes on foot away from the temple but I can't go until President schedules us to go.


Story of the week. So last Thursday was the new district leader training and the new DLs from Sorocaba came to spend the night Wednesday night because they would have to get up really early in order to get here on time for the training if they came on Thursday. Anyway, so their companions came with them. They ended up getting here pretty late (around 10:30) and before they were situated for bed it was past 11:00. My companion and I had gone to bed a little earlier and we were just getting to sleep as we heard an air horn coming from the back house of the office here. It was really loud. Now this neighborhood isn't what you would call poor and most people here are older and richer and probably already hate us because we are a bunch of rowdy 19-21 year old kids. So I hear this air horn and my heart stopped because for sure somebody was going to call the cops. He did it once and we thought he would stop but he started blowing it again.


So I am sleeping in the bottom bunk and my comp on top. I jump out of my bed and go running toward the kitchen door to kill this kid before he wakes up the whole neighborhood. My comp had the same idea and jumped out of the top bunk nearly landing on me. We got to the door but unfortunately it is kind of broken and is really hard to open. Frantically trying to open the door as that air horn kept blowing a constant stream of sound into the night we finally were able to get it open and went running to the back. I took off at full speed into the darkness, turned the corner, saw the clothesline, ducked and finally got there. I started chewing the kid out and we took the air horn from him.


However, I didn't see what had happened to my companion haha. He was running after me but lost sight of me as I turned the corner. He came running around the corner into the dark...but had forgotten there was a clothesline hung up. Whack! Haha. He hit the clothesline at a full speed, nearly knocking the beast off of his feet haha. Anyway, I attached pics to show that damage. It was so hilarious. I mean yeah, he could have gone blind...but he didnt! Hooray! So now we can laugh at it.


My comp was way worried about it scarring...and I...I was hoping it would lol. JK. It really would just be funny only so he would have to tell EVERYBODY the story that he meets after the mission about why he looks like Scar from the Lion King. We went to bed after saying our personal prayers the other night and after about 5 minutes of silence he asked "Elder Parsons, did you pray that my eye wouldn't heal right and that I would have a scar forever?" I was responded "Of course not! I would never ask God for something like that." Then after about a minute of silence I said "But...I DIDN'T ask him to help it heal right..." haha. I really was kidding it was just a way funny situation.


Welp, there ya go. Everything is going good here and I am loving the mission. Love ya'll!


-Elder Brent Parsons




Me talking to some hilarious old guy at lunch on the division in Itú last Friday

My companion and the mark from his unfortunate accident

We were messing around playing baseball at the Itú house. See the ball?

Picture from the temple today.
Me, my comp and my two really good friends
on the mission Elder Little and Elder Fabian.

No comments: