Friday, May 22, 2009

I'm getting fat...

I would like to inform everyone that I am getting fat. I was weighed, yes WEIGHED, last Friday by Sister Cooley and both Elder Affonso and I have gained 6 pounds each in the last 6 weeks. Elder Affonso says we are like "The Golden Calf" and the people in our area worship us...with food...and it's true. Thems ward sistas like to give us food. That combined with the extremely small and flat area provide a perfect recipe for an excellent "muffin top". You know...when the fat hangs over the sides of your pants to creat a nice little muffin top. It's a brewin'.

So not tons has happened this week, it was pretty normal. I have been on division with Elder Pratt for the last 3 days because Monday we did a normal division but my comp got sick so he did work in the other area at all, then felt bad about it and asked if he could stay there another day in order to make up for the lost time. We live in the same house anyway so it's not all that weird, and I like working with Pratt. Not only is it fun talking to an American but we also got some good work done by marking 5 baptismal dates plus we had this lesson with this one lady named Casiana last night that was freaking awesome. She understands the Restoration of the Church like...perfectly. It's so cool. Definitely an Elite for all of you missionaries who know what that means.


So yeah...I am District Leader...which usually includes me calling up people every night and awkwardly saying "so...how was your day...?" "It was good? Well...that's good then...it's always good to have good days...you know..." Then I talk awkwardly about the people they have with baptismal dates and then I hang up the phone...breathing really heavy and try to prepare myself emotionally to call the next area. It's awkward.

Haha, just kidding...it's not that bad. Just kind of weird sometimes. But it's going fine. The only thing that I have to do that is hard is prepare the trainings for district meeting. It's hard to keep them interesting enough for missionaries who here about the gospel and study it pretty much 24/7. I have ideas though and we'll see if they work.


I am hearing good things about the new Star Trek movie. Sounds sweet and it was directed by JJ Abrams? I love him. I am sure it was way cool and am so excited to see it...here in a year and 3 months from now...


BYU Lacrosse loses to Chapman in overtime 10-9?! Freak. I heard Chapman scored the last goal on some badly thrown inbound pass or something like that? I think I would have pooped my pants in hatred at that moment. So Michigan is champion again. Crap.


Welp, so that's about it. Hope everyone has a good week and I thank everyone for the emails. Bye-bye.


All hail Barack Obama. I love this quote my dad sent me in an email that just gives a perfect look at Obama's campaign.

"My friends, we live in the greatest nation in the history of the world. I hope you'll join with me as we try to change it."
- Barack Obama
Wait...what?

-Elder Brent Parsons

2 comments:

Laura H said...

Loved your email Brent. Glad you're doing good.
So I saw a good bumper sticker that I thought I'd share in re to your Obama comment.
"I'll give YOUR president the same respect YOU gave the Governor of Alaska."
Keep up the good work!

justdeb said...

Booo...bad form. You can't be doing God's work and dishing on the prez. Hang in there, I'm sure you will get plenty of chances to go to Europe since your family goes like every 4 years. You aren't missing much out here. Flu, death and disease and lots of people losing their jobs. Stay the course young man. Fat or not.