Wednesday, May 13, 2009

On my way to DL Training in Sao Paulo

Well the internet went down all day today in the area I was in so we didn't have time to write any emails and now I don't have much time because I just grabbed a bus from Sorocaba for 2 hours until we got here in São Paulo at the Mission Office. Because tomorrow morning we have the new District Leader Training.

Elder Little from my group also turned DL so I came out with him and another Elder from Sorocaba. I miss this place...it's a bit more bumping here in São Paulo than it is in the peaceful little Sorocaba. I miss the bumpin'!


So the most significant event of the week was definitely the phone call to my family. For those of you I did not get to talk to...you missed out. We talked about CRAZY stuff...I mean...it was wild. Ok not really, but it was really good to hear my family's voices.


Other than that the week was pretty normal. We actually just got another baptism because of our work with that one family that we reactivated. The son Alexandre's friend Bruno started going to church the last couple weeks and went to play soccer and to all the activities almost every night of the week and is loving it. I was on division on Monday with my ZL but Affonso met up with him and Bruno told him that he wants to become a member of our church because he is going to start going every week from now on. Sweet!


I think I am getting really fat...we will see when I get "weighed" at interviews on Friday. I for sure am losing muscle...I haven't done a push-up in who knows how long.


Love ya'll!


-Elder Parsons


P.S. Sorry this letter is crap...it'll be better next week when I have more time.

No comments: