Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Emergency Transfer - more next week

Hello friends.

Welp this week was pretty crazy I will give you guys the quick breakdown.


So I had just got done eating at Burger King, bowling and using the internet on Wed. while my comp and I had gone to Sorocaba for P-day. It was 5:45 and we were waiting for the bus to go back to our area because it only came at 6:00. Anyway, at that moment I got a call from the assistants and they were like "how early can you be here in São Paulo tomorrow morning?" I was like "What...why?" "Oh, well you have been emergency transfered to Jacanã (São Paulo). So what time can you get here by?" I was like "What?! Are you serious? Why?" "What time Elder Parsons!?" "Uh...I can make it there by 10:30 am if I catch one of the first buses." "Alright. We will be waiting for you at 10:30 am with your suitcases ready." Hung up.


So yeah, I pretty much filled my shoes with feces at that point and then had to go back to my area (I got there at about 7:00pm) and so it only gave enough time to say bye to Viviane and her family (a family we just baptized that are like...awesome) and that included a large cry fest and then I went to the Bishop's house where a bunch of members were to say bye.

Then I stayed up until 1:30 am getting my suitcases packed, slept until 5:30, got up and took a bus to São Paulo, our bus driver ran into ANOTHER bus on the way there (just clipped it, I'm fine Jill/Mom) so we had to stand on the road to wait for another, then got to São Paulo where I picked up my new comp Elder Carvalho who is my brother on the mission (we were trained by the same Elder), stayed there from Thursday - Monday

Then on Monday I got a call that I was going to be transferred again so this morning I went to transfers and found out I just got transferred BACK to Sorocaba to be Zone Leader of Zona Barcelona with Elder D. Gonçalves who is from my group (he's got a year and 2 months too), Brazilian, and WAY sick, then we went back on the bus for 2 hours to Sorocaba, I got to the house, unpacked some stuff, now I am writing you guys.


It was crazy! Pretty cool though. My comp right now is way sick. Kind of sucks because I didn't get to train anyone before I turned Zone Leader...but whatevs. I am happy. I might be able to train in my last transfer or something. I am kind of glad just not to be District Leader anymore...it's a worrisome thing and I couldn't take anymore district meeting trainings. Let's see how it goes. I have a good comp and looks like this area should be cool so I am excited.


I'll get some pics of my comp a little bit later.


Thanks for everything....loves and stuff!


-Elder Brent Parsons

No comments: