Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Good week... and pictures too!

The internet is so crappy right now so I don't have much time.

This week went really well. I don't have many experiences as I did last week but it was really good.

The family that we found last week (the family of the drunk guy) are doing really good. We taught them the Word of Wisdom and the 2 sisters are now trying to stop. One of them stopped the night we taught it and didn't smoke for 4 days...until 2 days ago when her dog died and she got really stressed out and started smoking again which wasn't the best thing ever but it's ok she will be able to do it. The other 2 (the daughter and her boyfriend) are both already talking about serving missions here in a couple years (they are 17). Woot!

Oh so I was talking to the Elders from São Roque the other day and they said they went back to that girl that had cancer and to who we gave the blessing. They got there and the girl was looking perfectly fine and healthy. She saw them and got all excited and told them what had happened. A couple days after receiving the blessing she went to the doctor again for a check up on her cancer. The doctor saw the results and looked at her and said "I don't believe it..." She asked what had happened and the doctor said "the tumor...it...it disappeared. You don't have cancer anymore." Yeah...it was crazy. Take what you want from that one. I couldn't believe it when I heard it.


Other than that the week was pretty normal. I had my first Mission Counsel yesterday which was sweet. Mission Counsel is when all the zone leaders, the 2 assistants, and President get together 1 time per transfer and talk about the mission (problems, ideas, etc.). It was really fun. President's house is...SWEET. It's huge.


Loves and stuff for all!


-Elder Brent Parsons

The first is of my comp and I making pancakes at a family night for everyone (they don't make pancakes because nobody knows what maple syrup is but we got some so we made it for them). It was fun.
The other is of me looking over my new area.

No comments: