Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Basketball in "Little America"

I am exhausted. I just got done playing basketball for 4 hours. It was awesome though. Our own "Little America". 10 Americans together with no Portuguese haha. It was kind of weird actually.

My new comp is way cool. We get along really well. He is a bit "trunky" because he is about 4 months away from going home plus we are going to see his family this weekend because his brother is going to get sealed in the São Paulo temple but I don't blame him. We are all a little bit trunky at heart.


Last night was way cool because this investigator that we have had forever named Deone who is the mom of João that we baptized gave us her cigarrettes last night and said she wants to stop smoking be baptized. We have been trying to get her to stop smoking for like 2 months and lately I have just given up hope with her then out of nowhere she did that. It was way cool!


Other than that nothing to report from here. I am going to go to São Paulo 2 times in the next week. I have been here in Sorocaba for almost a year now...don't get me wrong...I love it here but it isn't THAT big and I am just used to everything now. I am just kind of sick of it I guess. I hope I go back to the capital for the last part of my mission. We'll see though.


-Elder Brent Parsons

1 comment:

jenny said...

Brent, it sounds like your mission is going great, I swear you are constantly baptizing! Way to go man. It's been cool to watch your testimony grow through your blog. BRazil seems like such a rad place to serve, I bet you'll have a lot of funny/ exciting stories to share when you get back. I tended to sensor stories from my parents, because my mom would likely fly over and pick me up if she knew half of the things that happened.
Things in ORem are going well. I tend to stop over at your parent's quite frequently, not sure whether they approve but they haven't kicked me out yet. I try and keep Joe and your mom apart when the subject of apple juice and children's sippy cups comes up, they tend to feud. Your Dad still has more computers in his office than an entire apple store. Alysha is dating way too many boys, so I'm contemplating shaving her head. I figure that would deter a few of them. Ryan is still an eligible bachelor, although he still believes he makes better woman than any girl out there. I won't lie he has some mad cooking skills! Also Jenny and I are doing well, plugging away at school. Your grandparents seem to rotate on who gets surgery next, I think it a competition to see who has more torn ligaments. Anyway I hope all is well In Brazil, keep tearing it up out there. We look forward to seeing you in about 7 months. later,- Trevor

P.s. I'm not sure if he can read his blog, so if not please pass this along to him. Thanks!