Wednesday, January 20, 2010

First week as Assistant

From Saturday until now was really good and somewhat stressful.

Every Sunday we have to get the mission's numbers which is probably the worst part of my new calling. Numbers suck. We have to stay up until like 11:30 or 12:00pm every Sunday night getting the numbers and making the relatórios for our meeting with President every Monday.


I have to do divisions with the Zone Leaders of the mission which is way cool though. Before I got here they usually did 5 or 6 divisions per transfer but as of Monday, President has asked us to do divisions with every companionship of ZLs in the whole mission (13) every transfer (6 weeks). Including this transfer that is already a week in...so yeah we now have to do more than 2 divisions a week and we have zones that are out in Sorocaba....2 and half hours by bus away.

And he also doesn't want OUR personal working area to start lacking too much. Woot! It's going to be crazy. In order to get all these divisions done we had to choose a zone to do a division with and leave THAT night to do it. WE decided in going out to Zona Osasco with the ZLs to do the division the following day.

My old comp from Barcelona is out there, Elder D. Gonçalves, and I got to spend the day working with him and it was really cool (all 4 of us stay in the area and just work the place out for the day). The area has been having a rough time and we were able to find some really good new investigators for them. He said "Wow, President really is an inspired man. We were REALLY needing this division." The division wouldn't have happened if President's hadn't asked us to do divisions with all the zones this transfer.


It's a pretty stressful life but I love it. It's really fun. We literally have so much crap to do all the time that I forget how tired I am until I hit the bed at night. It sounds like it would suck but it's actually really good. I am happy. There is crappy stuff that we have to deal with like numbers and finding out about the stupid crap that missionaries do, but it's still awesome.

(Sorry mom...I know you wrote me and told me to stop saying the word "crap" but it just describes it so well).


Love you all! Until next week.


-Elder Brent Parsons

No comments: