Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Zone Conference and a Baptism

Sup!

This week is Zone Conference week and it's been really rushed. There are three zone conferences that we do on the mission. The first one was yesterday and was for the four of the zones here in the capital in Zona Norte (the north part of S達o Paulo that our mission has). Today's P-day then tomorrow will be the next conference for the 4 more zones including the zone I belong to. It will be done here in the chapel right next to the Temple. Then on Friday we will go out to Sorocaba to do the conference for the 5 zones in the "interior" or rural part of the mission.

We had mission council last week on Tuesday and had to prepare a training for that but after Tuesday we started working on the zone conference training. We have about an hour in each conference. We spent a long time on it but I think it paid off because it went really well yesterday in the first conf.

We have very little time that we get to work in our actual area but usually any time we have in the area is spent teaching a family that we have. They are way cool. They have a kid that is on a mission right now and they finally accepted to be baptized last two Sundays ago! So this Sunday after church we had their baptisms. The missionary's Mom, 2 sisters, and 2 cousins got baptized! The missionary is alone in the church and has sent an email home every week of his mission (he has been on the mission as long as I have) encouraging the family to read the book of mormon, go to church, and get baptized; and finally after all this time they started going to church and reading and were baptized! I can't even imagine how happy this missionary will get when we send him the picture of his family finally getting baptized. I attached a photo of the baptism. And yes, I am well aware that I look HUUUUUGE and am in front of the poor child who just wanted to get in the picture...but unfortunately it's the only pic I got.
I am defintely learning about how stupid missionaries can be with this calling, but I am loving it. Every day is completely different...which is good because it breaks the routine of the last 18 months of my life. I have eaten 8 pizzas in the last 3 weeks. Just thought I'd throw that one in there.

Love ya'll! Thanks for the emails!

-Elder Brent Parsons

No comments: