Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Quick synopsis of week

Real quick synopsis of my week just for my own personal keepsake which for sure will not provide entertainment for anyone else:

Thursday - We did the new district leader training that my comp and I decided to change because it had a few problems. It went really well.

Friday - We rode out in President's car with him to Sorocaba to do some divisions e ZLs out there. We first went back to my old area of Barcelona and I went with Elder Call. It was way cool.

Some young member lady from the ward came running and jumping at me to give me a hug when she saw that I came back and I had to politely use my folder turned long ways as a barrier between us.

That night we were going to order pizza but then for some reason we all just wanted to get hamburgers instead. We went to the little hamburger place and found a family that is probably going to be baptized. They were extremely interested in the gospel. The Miracle Hamburger.


Saturday - Division with Santana. I went out with Elder Gratil (yes that is an American). We taught an English class at night with a bunch of people there and it was way cool.

Sunday/Monday - Meetings with President and we worked on the training for Mission Council.

Tuesday - We had mission council. It went really well. My companion and I have been working really hard on ideas that could help the mission and specifically different ways that we can train the missionaries. The Zone Leaders really liked the trainings and we had positive feedback. This Zone Conference each Zone Leader pair is going to give a training so there will be 4 "stations" that the missionaries will go around to while they are taught a different thing by a pair of ZLs at every one. We gave them the problems the mission is having and assigned each one a specific topic and gave them some ideas of trainings they can do, but they will have to come up with the trainings themselves.

Wednesday/Today - We went to the center and my comp bought a way expensive and sick watch. It is a replica but the original costs over $80,000. This one was about $100.

Later!

-Elder Brent Parsons

1 comment:

Orson and Marilyn said...

Elder Parsons,
We are in the MTC ready to leave for our mission in Australia. Your "Gramps" whom we knew in Thailand commented on our blog. I followed his name to your blog. I served in the Brazilian Mission,(only 2 missions then) 1967 to 1969. I spent my whole mission in the suburbs of Sao Paulo: Santo Amaro, Bosque, Santana, Pinheiros, and then back to Santo Amaro. I'm excited for you. Sounds like you are having a great mission. Tenho muito saudades do Brasil. Sister Marilyn Porter