Tuesday, September 23, 2008

400!

What's Good!? (Thank you for reminding me of that Jake...)

Wow so I received tons of emails this week, which was awesome, but I am definitely not going to have time to respond to everyone. Just know that I am extremely appreciative of all the support I am getting and that I love all of your emails. I have not yet received the package you sent me mom/dad, but it should be here today or tomorrow so I will thank you in advance for it...I have to pay some candy back to some people.


To start off I would just like to announce that Elder Blackham and I as of the trip over here have gone up or down the stairs 400 times since arriving at the CTM. It may not seem like a big deal to you all but you got to take what you can get here. Let's just say there is a small party with little noise and no slang that's going to be happenin' in my room tonight woot!


I received the envelope with the pen ink and the blog printouts dad, that was awesome. I can't visit any other website besides myldsmail.net so I am glad I have those printouts to get additional information on what is going on with everyone. And the pen ink is perfect, thank you.


I think you asked me if I am writing in my journal mom? The answer is yes, probably too much actually. I am almost half way through the journal you got me. I don't know why I write so much...I just do. I think it is because I want so bad to prove that each day is different from the next, but in reality it is not. But it makes me feel good to think that what I do each day will be remembered...when it really wont be. An excerpt from my journal:

Saturday Sept. 20th, 2008

"It is funny because the most defining feature of today was the conversation I had with E. Perry about today not having any defining features. I literally wont remember anything else about today."


Sad but true. My district is getting really anxious to leave. I am pretty sure we are the worst Portuguese-learning district to ever come through this place, but we are all just so sick of it and after proselyting on Friday we are all really anxious to leave. Proselyting Friday was amazing. We went to the same place as last time (This huge courtyard-like area in the middle of the sitting) but it was awesome. There were just thousands and thousands of people everywhere! Elder Blackham and I had a goal to not poop our pants when we step out of the van and let's just say we accomplished that goal. We also gave out 4 copies of the BoM and about 45 pass-along cards. It was pretty sweet. Sometimes we would both be walking and then all of the sudden both of us would turn right towards a guy without even talking about it and we would start sharing the message with him. We were definitely being led by the spirit and most of our messages were received really well. There was this one guy that looked really intimidating that I really didn't want to talk to but I could not stop from going over and talking to him so I told E. Blackham and we went over there and started talking to the man and he loved the message. He said "So I just call this number and I can get a free book and dvd about Jesus Christ?" Then I said skeptically "Yeah..." and he said "Well why wouldn't I call? That's awesome!" Then he promised to read the book and we left. We had several contacts like that.

We also had some funny stuff happen. One lady we talked to had a friend (who looked slightly like an extremely overweight boar) that she was trying to convince me to get married to...we politely removed ourselves from the conversation. At the very end we were all about to leave and then some...daughter of God that was blessed in certain physically appealing areas...that came up to me and Elder Blackham and asked what we were teaching about. Elder Blackham has way better Portuguese but she told me that I sounded like a Brazilian. I told my Instructor Irmão Magnago about it and he said she was probably just flirting with me. So either I do sound like a Brazi or I still got the fire. I am ok with either one.

Oh yeah and there was a bunch of Jehovah's Witnesses out...our teacher made us stay away from them. Bunch of creepers. All-in-all though it was a sweet experience and it made us all anxious to get out of this place and get to do stuff like that all day.


I hear the US economy is tanking? It's so annoying to not be able to find out information on anything I hear. Update please?


Mom and Dad you are really that serious about moving? I am for it, it will not be before I get home though! I give you permission to move 1 year after I get home...not a minute sooner! I need to make sure my indent on the couch downstairs is still there.


What is this I hear about Scuba class Ryan and Jake???? Jake you said Ryan probably told me about it but he definitely has not yet...why did we not do this when I was home? Or watch One Tree Hill from 11 to 1 everyday? Those would have been highlights of my life! Haha...that's is really funny though.

Sorry no more time, thanks again for writing me. Sounds like nothing has changed back home which is weird to think about because my life has changed so much...just a different place though. Still the same kid who hates most everyone he talks to though, but wont let them know because it's fun to keep secrets. Anyway, I know the gospel is true and that it brings us true happiness. Love and miss you all.

-Elder Brent Parsons

No comments: