Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Good Work Everyone!

I have received exciting news from my Father! My blog got a record 28 hits last week! What a self-esteem booster. Mom, have Alysha and her friends make posters or something to put up all around town about my blog. If we work hard we can crack 50!

Good work everyone.


I actually don't have much time to write, but I would like everyone to know that the Open House and the Dedication of the chapel were a success this week. It was way cool and even though TONS of people didn't come to the Open House the Dedication was packed. There literally wasn't any room to fit any more chairs in the over-flow of the chapel. I really think this new chapel is going to be the "jump-start" that this ward needs.


The biggest news of the week! This less-active family that we have been working with for almost 3 months have all finally come back! They have 2 kids: 1 son that is 16 and a daughter who is 14. The 16 year old was baptized but for the last 5 years he hasn't wanted anything to do with the church but we were there on Monday night and I was out on the street doing push-ups and stuff with him and he finally turned to me and was like "Elder Parsons, you and your companion have inspired me. I want to not just come back to church and stay firm in the church, but now I want to serve a mission too." I was so happy I gave him a huge, extremely manly hug.

Then to top it all off the 14 year old girl who wasn't baptized and who has been embarrassed to even say she was affiliated with the church for the last 5 years came up to us after starting to accept us these past few weeks and told us that she now really wants to be baptized! She also asked me to baptize her! So we have her baptism marked for after church this Sunday...woot!

It was such an amazing experience with that family this week and I am so grateful for them. We have been working for more than a month straight with our changed focus to the less-active members of the ward and it is awesome to see that we are finally "reaping the fruits of our labor" and that the Lord is preparing this ward to come back even stronger than it once was.


On to other news, we just got done playing soccer and had a "Brazilian BBQ" with our zone. It was pretty sweet.


Well, sorry that was so short but I don't have tons more time. Next week is transfers so let's see if I am going to stay another transfer here in Julio de Mesquita. I really think I will stay here but I don't know if I will stay with Elder Affonso, but we will see. It is likely that I will...


Farewell to all, and to all a good night!


-Elder Brent Parsons

No comments: