Wednesday, June 3, 2009

I am NOT in Paris

I won't lie. It's pretty tough sitting here in the lonely LAN House knowing that my family is enjoying the elegant streets of Paris without me at the moment. I surely would like to be there as well. Fortunately, my week went pretty well so it hasn't been too hard to stay focused on the work.

I have been on division the last 2 days in the areas of Boituva and São Bento which are in my district because I had to do some baptismal interviews in the areas. Boituva had a little 9 year old boy and São Bento has this sweet family of 6 that are going to be baptized (actually 2 already were so I did only 4 interviews).

However I am now kind of sick because 1) the interviews last night took like 2 hours to do and I talked pretty much non-stop in the interviews so I woke up pretty much unable to talk today and 2) it is freakin COLD here! Like I am not joking.

I am wearing a little sweater right now that Affonso gave me. Like one of those typical Christmas sweaters that you see in movies. It's awesome. The houses here are just made of straight up concrete and bricks so they don't keep any amount of heat in. I could take my bed and sleep outside and it would be the exact same thing as sleeping inside. I never thought I would actually be cold here in Brazil but...I am. And from day to day the weather changes like crazy so I have ended up getting sick.

If I were at home in Utah I would take the day off...but we have a bunch of important appointments these days that I cant miss...plus it sucks staying inside all day in a missionary house. "I guess I'll just go...read the scriptures more then..." Yeah, I would rather walk the streets sick then stay at home with nothing to do.


Week was good though...yeah...that's about it. Love and pray for all of you. Thanks for the emails.


-Elder Brent Parsons

No comments: